Skip to main content

My current reading material...

Stephen Clarke has also written numerous other books on the French theme - I found 'Talk to the Snail: Ten Commandments for Understanding the French' quite fascinating & at times funny. Read it if you ever get a chance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is with regret I have not updated in a while.    I managed to squeeze in a visit to Paris in early November 2025.   I'd been wanting to go since January 2025. The desire is like a spiritual longing - its hard to describe!  Well, we happened to have some credit on our Easyjet account (due to a previous cancellation)...So the hubby said to me, why don't you use it to go to Paris?!  Great idea!! I jumped at the chance.  I'd booked a couple of days off work so I thought , just do it! Hubby was busy working away.. I reserved a room at the Easyhotel near the airport - as a bonus there was a massive mall directly facing that mall.  I arrived there late at night so the following morning I was up at the crack of dawn. It was foggy and I couldn't see, but somehow I managed to locate the bus stop that where buses would take me into the airport bus park.  I figured that, that would've been the easiest way as there was a direct bus to L'Opera (centre o...

Vraiment desolee!!

Do please forgive me for not updating in a while...well, since my course is fast approaching I am starting to think how I can brush up on my grammar......in the meantime, I 'treated' myself to a couple of nice things last week. Paris themed storage tin Eiffel Tower design sticky post- its French fabric Last but not least, I found this little cutie tucked away, forgotten I'd had it!! *                        *                         * Oh, the family & I went to see The Adventures of TinTin last week at the cinema which I believe to have first appeared in French.   Thoroughly enjoyed it! A couple of my French friends Nathalie & Sophie who I keep in contact with have said I am most welcome to vi...

Mais non!

Change of plan - my intention to continue on studying French has been interrupted by the realisation that my current responsibilities/commitments come first with regards to my family and career - so,  I have decided to put this plan on hold for the time being.   I am disappointed but I know timing is everything, I am studying 2000% for my other language and doing very well in it, getting A's straight through.... This is not goodbye French, hello strange world. Rather it is hello to a fresh start and I hope readers will wish me luck in my endeavours! 'Surveillez cet espace!'